Adri Knits

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Update 5 of 5--More dyed yarn and projects I'm currently working on

So I ordered some kool aid from Gristedes, since they seem to have all the cool colors that are missing from grocery stores around here. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed this--nearly all the items on their main page are different kool-aid flavors. My one complaint is that they sent me Cherry instead of Cherry Magic Twists--so I got more red, which I didn't really want, instead of more blue.

Merino wool definitely takes color better than anything else I've tried so far! From left to right: Blue Sky Alpaca sportweight, Filatura di Crosa Zara, and KarabellaAurora Bulky. I have no clue what to make with the first and last yarns. For the Alpaca, I'm thinking gloves or socks, but I don't have enough of it!! Maybe I'll combine it with some Koigu...As for the middle yarn, I've already started a dog sweater.......


.....a very bright dog sweater. The color combo reminds me of Rainbow Brite. The blue trim is Zara 1499, leftover from my crochet afghan.
The flavors I used to dye the white Zara were:
Grape Illusion Magic Twists Drink Mix (red)
Twist Blue Mountain Berry Drink Mix (darker blue)
Island Twists Blue Raspberry Lemonade (lighter blue)
Ice Cool: Artic Green Apple (green)
Mango Drink Mix (orange)


The other project I'm working on is the Lucky Clover Lace Wrap from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. I'm using allhemp3 in Sapphire Blue. The sash will be in Deep Sea. This project combines two things I dislike: small needles and lace. Unfortunately, I like this wrap too much not to knit it. Hopefully it will fit. If you look closely, you'll see that I messed up the first clover lace row. I was about halfway done with it when I noticed that the clovers didn't look right. So I checked the back of the book--I had been doing my yarn overs the wrong way! Since I'm stubborn and refuse to rip anything unless I can't make it work or fix it, it's staying as is. It will become a feature, rather than a flaw...The entire bottom of this wrap will have that same messed up row. Oh and also on the first repitition I skipped row 7, since it's mentioned in the first line of the pattern, but not in the middle where I could see it! Grrr... luckily I caught it immediately after, so again, it will become a first-row feature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home