Adri Knits

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Intro Post / First Projects

I first started knitting around December 2003,and crocheting sometime in 2004. I bought a "Learn to knit" kit, and by January 2004 I had made my first item--a sweater and scarf set for my dog made from cotton yarn.









My second dog sweater, made in February 2004 from chunky merino wool, came out a bit better:








That spring, I got a little creative with a 2 piece outfit--the top made from wool, and the bottom from an old t-shirt.







A colorful cotton sweater:







I tried to make myself a sweater using Noro Kureyon. I eventually turned this into an ugly pillow, when I realized it was way too bright and gaudy to wear.




Then began my love affair with Noro yarn. Here is an Easter sweater made from Noro Silk Garden and Filatura di Crosa's Zara:






Another dog sweater made from Zara and other wool. This one was done last year.




I've set up this blog to show off my finished objects, after realizing it was
useful to browse through other people's blogs to get inspiration or to see how a certain yarn knits up. If you have any questions about the knitting or the yarns used, feel free to leave a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home