Noro Silk Garden Armwarmer and Kool-aid dyed Alpaca/Silk Broad Street Mitten
One of each. They should have partners before I leave to Paris in September.
First up is a Broad street mitten using the 50% Silk 50% Alpaca yarn I dyed in my previous post. The yarn is really smelly when wet and a little smelly when dry (my dog likes to rub her head on it).
I modified the mitten shell a bit-- I didn't want the loop on it. I also made the shell before I made the fingers; I misestimated where it should attach to the body, so it's further to the right than it should be.
Next is a Noro Silk Garden armwarmer in shade #226. I really like this colorway.
Pattern is based off of the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation.
Modifications: I cast on 40 stitches instead of 32 so that I could use my new Clover 8 1/4" Plastic "Mini" Circular Needles instead of DPNs. I didn't use the vines design from the pattern. Instead I attempted the double knot cable by the girl from auntie. I say attempted because something went wrong--I had to turn the armwarmer inside out because the design was showing up on the wrong side. Well, I think it looks nice anyway. It was my first time working from a cable chart and it was much easier than I had anticipated.
The armwarmer was a pretty quick knit--finished in only a day.